Flipbook

Attached is the video copy of my flipbook. Despite the difficulty of this product, watching the final product is very satisfying! After countless hours producing my flipbook project, I have finally completed the final result. Although a project based majorly on drawing may sound easy to most people, I can assure that this was not easy by any means.
The first step I approached to this was first brainstorming. I took about an hour brainstorming different ideas and planning out how I would use those ideas to create the flipbook. I then narrowed my ideas down until I had one that I felt comfortable and happy doing. Then, I broke up that idea into several parts and planned out the framing and number of frames per "scene" for better organization as well as to more effectively sync the flipbook to the music.
Once I had all my plans ready, I began the first stage of officially creating the flipbook. I went through every page and sketched out each drawing in pencil. I did this so that I could start making the flipbook, however still have potential room for errors/fixing before I go over it in marker and becomes final. Once I finished the pencil, I went over it all in sharpee, making it more defined and permanent, touching up some small blemishes I made with the pencil. There were a few times where I noticed that I really messed something up, so I merely took out the bad pages and replaced them with an updated/better version. Then, I took more markers and colored in spaces where color was needed, to add more life and vibrance to my flipbook!
Once the book was done, I then rented a camera and tripod, taped the book down to my desk so it wouldn't move, and took a snapshot of each and every one of the 400+ pages I had done. And finally, I transferred those pictures from the camera to my computer where I put them in an Adobe Premiere project, adjusted the duration of each photo, and synced up the music. Overall, this whole project took me at least 9+ hours. Working on this was very stressful and tedious, as there is a lot of consideration necessary in planning, it is difficult having to be sure to make every page look so similar, and it involves repeating the same thing over and over again. However, despite how rough it was to put this whole project together, seeing the final result is very satisfying to see all the hard work come alive into a work of art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 5

Performance Art

Deconstruction Video