Xerox Project

My project was inspired by the Dadaism art movement. I created a pair of palm trees out copies of my forearms and hands. Planning this, I wanted my project to feature real objects rather than an abstract piece; however, my main goal was to inflict a strong feeling or tone/mood, but in the simplest way possible. And I believe I effectively have done so. I wanted to use the peacefulness and beauty of palm trees, and combine the stiff, wide open hands to add a creepy/uncomfortable feeling. And, I find that the way the xerox copies came out strongly assist my intentions, as the black and white and Xerox scan help add more eerieness to the composition, making it appear even less relaxing/serene than a normal palm tree.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 5

Deconstruction Video

Performance Art