Deconstruction Video

For my final, I chose to let one of my passions be the subject of my video. Ever since I was a child, I have always loved dogs, despite never having one of my own. Dogs are just so happy and fun and loving and awesome, and it has always made me very sad to see dogs get abused or go unwanted. Since I've never had my own dog (yet), I find it sad to see dogs go unappreciated and unwanted at shelters, or worse, put down because no one adopted them. I made this video primarily to share/spread awareness for the dogs that don't get adopted and to inspire people to go out and rescue one. Just about every commercial/advertisement I've seen about adopting or rescuing dogs are all super depressing and make you feel so sad, and I know most people prefer not to be sad; so, that's why I wanted to steer away from the mainstream and change the whole tone and mood up, and make it happy! Although the central message (dogs are going unwanted or dying so you should go rescue one) is sad, my mission was to get the message out there, but in the most cheerful/happy way possible. Through the use of featuring several dogs(some from youtube, some from my own camera) just doing cute dog things, or showing love and bonding with their owners, I believe that I have successfully met the goal of my video.


Comments

  1. Super cute video I love dogs. I like your reason behind this video. Dogs are dying everyday in animal shelters because people don't want to take care of them. It's so sad to see abused dogs or dogs who have no one to love them. Great job spreading the awareness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 5

Performance Art