Blog 1 - intro

What's up Professor Roundtree and anyone who has discovered my blog. My name is Ari Felsen, and I am a sophomore Digital Arts major at the University of Tampa.

First off, I'd like to make it clear in advance, that I am by no means a writer. Not only have I always lacked the talent to write well, but writing is just something that I have always found to be painfully boring and difficult. This is a large reason as to why I have planned to take my life and career in a much different direction. Growing up, I had always found it much more effective to absorb new information through visual or hands-on learning as opposed to learning by jotting down notes or reading. I knew from the beginning that I would never want a career that involves much writing or intense reading; after evaluating my own interests, personal experiences, skills, etc., I came to the realization that I really wanted to learn more and get into the technology/digital arts industry.

Ultimately, my goal is to work with post-production special effects and CGI in films. Although I am also interested and could see myself working as an animator or developer for animated pictures or video games. However, technology is developing and evolving so much and so fast in modern society and the future, creating plethoras of important jobs for the media/technology industry. I was originally a film and media arts major, with big hopes of one day becoming a successful director or producer; however, realizing the limited availability of jobs in that field restricted that dream, but then sparked a new one: Digital Arts. There is an extremely broad spectrum of jobs needed everywhere for tech/media help. Especially with the future on our horizon and everything the future for technology has in store, this is a vital career for today's society. With a degree in digital arts, I can seek out jobs much easier, and in a broader, more diverse spectrum.

I enrolled in this class because it is a requisite for my degree; however, I am still excited to learn about the development of art and its interrelations with technology, and to gain all the information and skills that this course has to offer. Although I still have almost no experience or knowledge in this field, I can genuinely say that I am really excited and eager to learn, something I have never been able to say before in my life. I look forward to nearly every one of my major's courses, and where I will be 5 years from now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 5

Deconstruction Video

Performance Art